Homepage > Great Place to Live >

Pavement Condition

Great Place to Live

Status Indicators: On Target |  Monitoring Progress | Reviewing for Improvement | Neutral- Actual Figure | Project Not Scheduled to Begin Yet


PCI Table

Please note that Q1, Q2, Q3, and Q4 refer to the first, second, third, and fourth quarters of the fiscal year. The City’s fiscal year runs from October 1st – September 30th and is denoted by FY. CY denotes calendar year.

Missouri City has approximately 600 lane-miles of street; approximately 90% of which are concrete streets (Jointed Concrete Pavement). The remaining 10% of the streets are mainly asphalt streets.

Most of the City’s streets are now 50-plus years old and are needing to be re-constructed. The City performed a pavement assessment city-wide in 2019\2020 and established a Pavement Condition Index (PCI) for all city-maintained streets. 

PCI scores are generally obtained\updated once every 5-years. The next survey will be in 2024/2025.

The City's goal is to strive for an average network PCI of 60 or higher. The average city-wide PCI was 55 (Streets in Fair Condition).  

A consultant periodically provides the City of Missouri City with a comprehensive road network score every five years. This score is based on pavement condition ratings determined from automated surveys performed by qualified firms specializing in performing pavement evaluations.

Scoring Standard

Pavement condition ratings are assigned on a 0 - 100 scale, with 100 representing a perfect rating and 0 representing "failed" pavement needing immediate re-construction.

The City Council has placed a priority on the rehabilitation of street infrastructure and has increased its annual maintenance budget to perform needed repairs to pro-long the life of street infrastructure. Additionally, a bond program was passed in 2021, by voters, with approximately 40 million dedicated to-construction of streets city-wide.

Constant road deterioration due to traffic and environmental stresses results in the decline of road quality, which impacts public safety and quality of life. Accurate assessments of the City's streets improves the City's ability to estimate future repairs, plan maintenance, and estimate street funding needs.

City of Missouri City Public Works Department


Missouri City, TX
1522 Texas Pkwy
Missouri City, TX 77489


City Manager's Office